PILS Recertification Training
Duration: 4 Hours
What does the course offer?
Back to Life are a registered course centre with Resuscitation Council UK, and a provider of RC(UK) certified PILS recertification courses.
The Paediatric Immediate Life Support (PILS) course trains individuals in the skills of initial assessment of a sick child and provides knowledge and education in the causes and prevention of cardiopulmonary arrest.
The course combines hands-on practical skill stations, workshops and an update lecture. Candidates can prepare in advance of the course by studying their PILS manual (which candidates should still own, from their previous full-day PILS training course) and complete the required pre-course reading.
Upon completing the course candidates will receive a Resuscitation Council (UK) certificate and will be able to function as part of a paediatric resuscitation team.
IMPORTANT! The half-day recertification PILS course is only available to those within one year of the expiry of their Resuscitation Council (UK) PILS certificate.
If more than a year has elapsed since the expiry of the PILS certificate the full day PILS course must be attended. We may ask to see evidence of current PILS certification to ensure our recertification courses adhere to this RCUK requirement.
What will you learn?
The ILS course makes use of the following practical and lectures and scenarios throughout the course:
- ABCDE assessment and Paediatric ALS algorithm
- ABCDE assessment
- BLS with Airway management and ventilation
- Simulation practice
- Optional targeted training
- Understand the structured ABCDE approach that facilitates rapid recognition of seriously ill children
- Provide appropriate initial treatment interventions to prevent cardiorespiratory arrest
- Treat children in respiratory or cardiorespiratory arrest until the arrival of a resuscitation team or more experienced assistance
- Become members of a paediatric resuscitation team
Scenario-based training tailored to your working environment, delivered on-site by one of our experienced trainers.
Contact us with your chosen date and time. Evenings and weekends may also be available at no extra cost.
Sorry, we do not currently host sessions of this course for individuals to join.