Paediatric Immediate Life Support (PILS) Training
Duration: 7 Hours
What does the course offer?
Back to Life are a registered course centre with Resuscitation Council UK, and a provider of RC(UK) certified PILS courses.
The Paediatric Immediate Life Support (PILS) course trains individuals in the skills of initial assessment of a sick child and provides knowledge and education in the causes and prevention of cardiopulmonary arrest.
The course combines hands-on practical skill stations, workshops and a lecture. Candidates can prepare in advance of the course by studying their PILS manual (provided 2 weeks in advance of the training date) and complete the required pre-course reading.
Upon completing the course candidates will receive a Resuscitation Council (UK) certificate and will be able to function as part of a paediatric resuscitation team.
What will you learn?
The ILS course makes use of the following practical and lectures and scenarios throughout the course:
- Recognition & initial management of the seriously ill child
- The ABCDE approach
- Basic Life Support and choking
- Airway management and ventilation
- BLS with adjuncts
- Emergency circulatory access, fluid administration and medications
- Paediatric ALS algorithm & management of cardiorespiratory arrest
- Simulation practice
- Optional targeted training
- Understand the structured ABCDE approach that facilitates rapid recognition of seriously ill children
- Provide appropriate initial treatment interventions to prevent cardiorespiratory arrest
- Treat children in respiratory or cardiorespiratory arrest until the arrival of a resuscitation team or more experienced assistance
- Become members of a paediatric resuscitation team