Emergency Paediatric First Aid
1 day (6 hours)
What does the course offer?
Our Emergency Paediatric First Aid (PFA) course has been designed in line with the criteria for effective PFA training set out in the Department for Education's 2017 Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage for workers caring for young children in the absence of their parents.
The course is fun, practical and informative and is made relevant and appropriate for those working with children from birth to age 5.
Our training courses are simulation led, so you will take part in practical scenarios and make use of training equipment based on babies and small children to make the course as interesting and engaging as possible.
All of our training courses are delivered by qualified instructors.
We practice continual assessment on this course, so your participation and skills will be monitored throughout the day and upon successful completion of the course you will receive a Back to Life certificate, valid for 3 years from the date of issue.
What will you learn?
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Assess an emergency situation and prioritise what action to take
- Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and breathing normally
- Help a baby or child who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Help a baby or child who is having a seizure
- Help a baby or child who is choking
- Help a baby or child who is bleeding
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from shock caused by severe blood loss (hypovolemic shock)
Having completed this course, we would recommend annual refresher training in Basic Life Support to maintain your practical skills.
Scenario-based training tailored to your working environment, delivered on-site by one of our experienced trainers.
Contact us with your chosen date and time. Evenings and weekends may also be available at no extra cost.
Sorry, we do not currently host sessions of this course for individuals to join.