ALS Recertification Training
Duration: 1 Day
What does the course offer?
The Advanced Life Support (ALS) course is designed for healthcare professionals who would be expected to apply the skills taught as part of their clinical duties, or to teach them on a regular basis.
ALS recertification courses can only be taken by healthcare professionals who hold a valid Resuscitation Council UK ALS provider certificate, or are within twelve months of their certificate expiry date. If more than a year has passed since the original certificate expired, the candidate must take a full ALS, e-ALS or modular ALS course.
The ALS course programme consists of lectures, workshops, skill stations and cardiac arrest simulations (i.e. CASTeach). All candidates on our ALS course will benefit from registration on the RC(UK) Learning Management System (LMS), allowing them access to learning content, pre-course multiple choice questionnaires, course evaluations and post course certificates.
What will you learn?
The ALS course makes use of the following practical and lectures and scenarios throughout the course:
- Recognition and prevention of deterioration using the ABCDE approach
- The causes and prevention of cardiac arrest
- Post-resuscitation care
Practical Stations & Workshops
- Associated Resuscitation Skills including IO
- The deteriorating patient (ABCDE approach)
- Rhythm Recognition
- High quality CPR and Defibrillation (Cardiac Arrest Simulation Teach and Test)
- Assessing and treating bradycardia
- Arterial blood gas analysis
- Recognise and treat the deteriorating patient using a structured ABCDE approach
- Deliver standardised CPR in adults
- Manage a cardiac arrest by working with a multidisciplinary team in an emergency situation
- Utilise non-technical skills to facilitate strong team leadership and effective team membership
Assessment, Certification & CPD Points
Continuous assessment occurs throughout the ALS course, based on clinical simulations that allow candidates to demonstrate the core competencies they have been taught.
Successful candidates receive a Resuscitation Council (UK) ALS provider certificate, which is valid for 4 years.
The ALS course is recognised for up to 10 continuing professional development (CPD) points.
Other ALS courses with Back to Life
The recertification ALS course is only available to those who hold a valid Resuscitation Council (UK) ALS provider certificate. If more than a year has elapsed since the expiry of the ALS certificate the full ALS course must be attended.
Scenario-based training tailored to your working environment, delivered on-site by one of our experienced trainers.
Contact us with your chosen date and time.
Join our mailing list to be notified of courses when they become available.
Join us for one of our open sessions!
We will contact you to send you our ALS course application form, invoice etc.
Choose a date below to see venues and prices, and register your interest online!
No suitable dates? Join our Mailing List to be notified when new dates are available.