e-Advanced Life Support (e-ALS) Training
Duration: 1 Day
Welcome to the course information page for our eALS course.
Please note; we are also able to provide this course as the full 2 day ALS (where candidates are expected to complete the first day of learning content online) and a 1 day ALS recertification course (for candidates who currently hold an ALS certificate that is due to expire).
What does the course offer?
The Advanced Life Support (ALS) course is designed for healthcare professionals who would be expected to apply the skills taught as part of their clinical duties, or to teach them on a regular basis.
All applicants must hold a professional healthcare qualification or be in training for a professional healthcare qualification. Medical students in their final year of training can be accepted as candidates on an ALS course if this is an established local arrangement.
The ALS course programme consists of lectures, workshops, skill stations and cardiac arrest simulations (i.e. CASTeach). All candidates on our ALS course will benefit from registration on the RC(UK) Learning Management System (LMS), allowing them access to learning content, pre-course multiple choice questionnaires, course evaluations and post course certificates.
The e-ALS course provides the same high level of training and qualification as the 2 day course, in a more flexible package - candidates complete the equivalent to 1 day of learning online via the Resuscitation Council's Learning Management System.
The LMS provides 24/7 access to engaging and informative videos, learning modules and online assessments.
Upon completion of the online portion of the course, candidates attend 1 day of teaching, simulation and assessment in groups of up to 6 per trainer.
What will you learn?
The e-ALS course makes use of the following practical and lectures and scenarios throughout the course:
- Recognition and prevention of deterioration using the ABCDE approach
- The causes and prevention of cardiac arrest
- Post-resuscitation care
Practical Stations & Workshops
- Associated Resuscitation Skills including IO
- The deteriorating patient (ABCDE approach)
- Rhythm Recognition
- High quality CPR and Defibrillation (Cardiac Arrest Simulation Teach and Test)
- Assessing and treating bradycardia
- Arterial blood gas analysis
- Recognise and treat the deteriorating patient using a structured ABCDE approach
- Deliver standardised CPR in adults
- Manage a cardiac arrest by working with a multidisciplinary team in an emergency situation
- Utilise non-technical skills to facilitate strong team leadership and effective team membership
Assessment, Certification & CPD Points
Continuous assessment occurs throughout the e-ALS course, based on clinical simulations that allow candidates to demonstrate the core competencies they have been taught.
Successful candidates receive a Resuscitation Council (UK) ALS provider certificate, which is valid for 4 years. The certificate for the 2 day ALS and this 1 day e-ALS is identical.
The ALS course is recognised for up to 10 continuing professional development (CPD) points.
Scenario-based training tailored to your working environment, delivered on-site by one of our experienced trainers.
Contact us with your chosen date and time.