Immediate Life Support (ILS) Training
Duration: 7 Hours
What does the course offer?
Back to Life are a registered course centre with Resuscitation Council UK, and a provider of RC(UK) certified ILS courses.
The ILS course trains individuals in the skills of initial assessment of the sick patient and provides knowledge and education in the causes and prevention of cardiopulmonary arrest.
The course provides training in basic life support skills including defibrillation and basic airway adjuncts, which can be used to help save lives prior to the arrival of the ambulance/cardiac arrest team. Delegates will also be given training in participating as a member of a cardiac arrest team.
Course content is in accordance with the current UK Resuscitation guidelines. Substantive manuals are provided pre course to enable candidates to develop core knowledge.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will be given a Resuscitation Council UK ILS certificate valid for 1 year, as well as 5CME points / 5 hours of verifiable CPD.
Half day ILS refresher courses are also available for those individuals who can provide evidence that they have attended a full ILS course or refresher with in the past year.
What will you learn?
The ILS course makes use of the following practical and lectures and scenarios throughout the course:
- The causes and prevention of cardiac arrest
- The ALS algorithm
- The ABCDE approach
- Initial resuscitation and defibrillation
- Airway management and adjuncts
- Targeted training
- Cardiac Arrest Simulation Teach and Test
- To recognise the patient at risk of Cardiopulmonary arrest
- To understand the principles of prevention of cardiac arrest
- To train healthcare personnel in cardiopulmonary resuscitation, simple airway management and safe defibrillation (manual and/or AED), enabling them to manage patients in cardiac arrest until arrival of an ambulance
- To participate as members of an effective team