ILS Recertification Training
Duration: 4 Hours
What does the course offer?
Back to Life are a registered course centre with Resuscitation Council UK, and a provider of RC(UK) certified ILS courses.
The ILS course trains individuals in the skills of initial assessment of the sick patient and provides knowledge and education in the causes and prevention of cardiopulmonary arrest.
The course provides refresher training in basic life support skills including defibrillation and basic airway adjuncts, which can be used to help save lives prior to the arrival of the ambulance/cardiac arrest team. Delegates will also be given training in participating as a member of a cardiac arrest team.
The course content is in accordance with the current UK Resuscitation guidelines.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will be awarded a Resuscitation Council (UK) ILS certificate valid for 1 year.
IMPORTANT! The half-day recertification ILS course is only available to those within one year of the expiry of their Resuscitation Council (UK) ILS certificate.
If more than a year has elapsed since the expiry of the ILS certificate the full ILS course must be attended. We may ask to see evidence of current ILS certification to ensure our recertification courses adhere to this RCUK requirement.
What will you learn?
The ILS course makes use of the following practical and lectures and scenarios throughout the course:
- The ABCDE Approach to treating cadiac arrest
- Understanding shockable rhythms and effective CPR
- Identify the causes and promote the prevention of cardiopulmonary arrest
- Recognise and treat the deteriorating patient using the ABCDE approach
- Undertake the skills of quality CPR and defibrillation (manual and /or AED) and simple airway manoeuvres
- Utilise non-technical skills to facilitate initial leadership and effective team membership