Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) with BLS & Defibrillation Training
Duration: 7 hours
What does the course offer?
This course has been developed for healthcare professionals who may be required to treat COVID-19 patients as part of their role.
The aim of the course is to improve confidence in the use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), and help deliver safer care for patients through early recognition of the deteriorating patient; including administering safe and effective resuscitation when required.
Every effort is taken to ensure the safety of candidates and trainers throughout the day – social distancing measures, robust hand washing and equipment disinfection, and PPE should be provided for each candidate where available.
What will you learn?
- To consider the current COVID-19 pandemic in relation to the deteriorating patient and resuscitation
- To develop a whole team approach to caring for the deterioration patient
- To become familiar with tools which help to evaluate and score levels of risk
- To rehearse the use of an appropriate level of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- To update Basic Life Support and AED skills
- Best practice hygiene & handwashing
- Donning and doffing non AGP and AGP PPE – including practice of the “buddy system” for donning and doffing (where appropriate equipment is available for training)
- Basic life support and defibrillation training skills update and scenarios
- Review and discuss medical emergency approach during viral pandemics like COVID-19 (e.g. rapid response teams)
- Recognition and management of the deteriorating patient
Type of training
This course fosters an approach of skills teaching and facilitated learning with reflective practice. Some of the approaches that will be used include:
- Interactive lectures
- Case studies
- Skills teach
- Simulation & scenarios
Number of candidates
6 candidates per trainer. Multiple trainers are available for larger group sizes.
Individual certificates are provided for each candidate upon completion of the training, valid for 12 months from date of issue. The course also certificates for Basic Life Support and Defibrillation, fulfilling the annual requirement for clinical staff.
Scenario-based training tailored to your working environment, delivered on-site by one of our experienced trainers.
Contact us with your chosen date and time. Evenings and weekends may also be available at no extra cost.
Sorry, we do not currently host sessions of this course for individuals to join.