Paediatric Immediate Life Support (PILS) Training
Duration: 1 Day
What does the course offer?
Back to Life are a registered course centre with Resuscitation Council UK, and a provider of RC(UK) certified PILS courses.
The Paediatric Immediate Life Support (PILS) course trains individuals in the skills of initial assessment of a sick child and provides knowledge and education in the causes and prevention of cardiopulmonary arrest.
The course combines hands-on practical skill stations, workshops and a lecture. Candidates can prepare in advance of the course by studying their PILS manual (provided 2 weeks in advance of the training date) and complete the required pre-course reading.
Upon completing the course candidates will receive a Resuscitation Council (UK) certificate and will be able to function as part of a paediatric resuscitation team.
What will you learn?
The PILS course makes use of the following practical and lectures and scenarios throughout the course:
- Recognition & initial management of the seriously ill child
- The ABCDE approach
- Basic Life Support and choking
- Airway management and ventilation
- BLS with adjuncts
- Emergency circulatory access, fluid administration and medications
- Paediatric ALS algorithm & management of cardiorespiratory arrest
- Simulation practice
- Optional targeted training
- Understand the structured ABCDE approach that facilitates rapid recognition of seriously ill children
- Provide appropriate initial treatment interventions to prevent cardiorespiratory arrest
- Treat children in respiratory or cardiorespiratory arrest until the arrival of a resuscitation team or more experienced assistance
- Become members of a paediatric resuscitation team
Scenario-based training tailored to your working environment, delivered on-site by one of our experienced trainers.
Contact us with your chosen date and time.
We hold training courses that individual candidates can attend.
No dates are currently available, but we will begin holding courses again in spring 2022. Please join our mailing list to be notified of courses when they become available.