Advanced Life Support (ALS) Training
Duration: 2 Days
Welcome to the course information page for our 2 day ALS course.
Please note; we are also able to provide this course as a 1 day e-ALS (where candidates are expected to complete the first day of learning content online) and a 1 day ALS recertification course (for candidates who currently hold an ALS certificate that is due to expire).
What does the course offer?
The Advanced Life Support (ALS) course is designed for healthcare professionals who would be expected to apply the skills taught as part of their clinical duties, or to teach them on a regular basis.
All applicants must hold a professional healthcare qualification or be in training for a professional healthcare qualification. Medical students in their final year of training can be accepted as candidates on an ALS course if this is an established local arrangement.
The ALS course programme consists of lectures, workshops, skill stations and cardiac arrest simulations (i.e. CASTeach). The course is delivered over 2 days of face-to-face practical and simulation-led training.
What will you learn?
The ALS course makes use of the following practical and lectures and scenarios throughout the course:
- Recognition and prevention of deterioration using the ABCDE approach
- The causes and prevention of cardiac arrest
- Post-resuscitation care
Practical Stations & Workshops
- Associated Resuscitation Skills including IO
- The deteriorating patient (ABCDE approach)
- Rhythm Recognition
- High quality CPR and Defibrillation (Cardiac Arrest Simulation Teach and Test)
- Assessing and treating bradycardia
- Arterial blood gas analysis
- Recognise and treat the deteriorating patient using a structured ABCDE approach
- Deliver standardised CPR in adults
- Manage a cardiac arrest by working with a multidisciplinary team in an emergency situation
- Utilise non-technical skills to facilitate strong team leadership and effective team membership
Assessment, Certification & CPD Points
Continuous assessment occurs throughout the ALS course, based on clinical simulations that allow candidates to demonstrate the core competencies they have been taught.
Successful candidates receive a Resuscitation Council (UK) ALS provider certificate, which is valid for 4 years.
The ALS course is recognised for up to 10 continuing professional development (CPD) points.
Other ALS courses with Back to Life
The ALS is also available as a 1 day eALS (a blended approach where 1 of the 2 days is completed as e-learning, and the 2nd day is face-to-face) and a 1 day ALS recertification course (for candidates who currently hold an ALS certificate that is due to expire).
Scenario-based training tailored to your working environment, delivered on-site by one of our experienced trainers.
Contact us with your chosen date and time.
We do not typically offer the 2 day course for individuals to attend, but we do regularly hold the 1 day e-ALS course for candidates looking to gain their ALS certificate. Please visit the e-ALS course information page for more information on our eALS courses.
If you would like to be kept informed of any new dates please join our mailing list to be notified of courses when they become available.