Emergency First Aid at Work Training
6 Hours (1 Day)
What does the course offer?
Thousands of accidents happen in the workplace every year. By applying the basic principles taught on this course you will have the confidence to approach and manage first aid emergencies in the workplace.
The course offers a general overview of first aid and medical emergencies, and is a perfect for those working in a low risk environment (e.g. an office or dental practice) who wish to gain a broad understanding of first aid. The course program includes lectures and hands-on simulations which are is engaging, practical and informative.
All of our training courses are delivered by qualified instructors.
We practice continual assessment on this course, so your participation and skills will be monitored throughout the day and upon successful completion of the course you will receive a Back to Life certificate, valid for 3 years from the date of issue.
What will you Learn?
- Understanding the chain of survival
- Understand the principles of initial assessment
- Understand the basic theory and practice of dealing with injuries and illness
- Gain information on how to set up policies and procedures in the work place
- Understand the type and content of any first aid boxes and equipment you should keep in the work place
- What is first aid?
- Basic life support skills – including recovery position and the choking casualty
- Practical use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Wounds and bleeding
- Burns, scald and poisons
- Medical conditions
- Record keeping
- Preventing cross infection
- First aid boxes