First Aid at Work Training
18 Hours (3 Days)
What does the course offer?
Thousands of accidents occur in the home, workplace and public spaces every day.
This course provides an excellent overview of many different types of first aid skills, and through the use of scenario’s and hands-on practical training you will learn the skills that will enable you to minimise the seriousness of an injury, and even save a life.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) states that employers have a legal obligation to provide an appropriate provision of first aid (Health and Safety regulation 1981). This course will give you the knowledge and skills to enable you to act as a designated first aider for your organisation.
The course program includes lectures and hands-on simulations which are is engaging, practical and informative.
All of our training courses are delivered by qualified instructors.
We practice continual assessment on this course, so your participation and skills will be monitored throughout the day and upon successful completion of the course you will receive a Back to Life certificate, valid for 3 years from the date of issue.
What will you Learn?
- Understanding the chain of survival
- Understand the principles of initial assessment
- Understand the basic theory and practice for dealing with a variety of different injuries and illnesses
- Gain information on how to set up policies and procedures in the work place
- Understand the type and content of any first aid boxes and equipment you should keep in the work place
Accidents and injuries
- Basic life support skills – including recovery position and the choking casualty
- Practical use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Eye injury
- Head injuries
- Minor wounds
- Moving injured casualties
- Recognising injury to; bones, joints and muscles
- Spinal injury
Common Medical conditions
- Heart attack / Angina
- Low blood sugar
Equipment and Reporting
- First aid boxes
- Reporting and record keeping
- Reporting of Injuries and Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (RIDDOR)
Scenario-based training tailored to your working environment, delivered on-site by one of our experienced trainers
Contact us with your chosen date and time for a bespoke quotation. Evenings and weekends at no extra cost. Discounts for Multiple bookings and/or contract rates are also available.